Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible for these programs?
Any veteran on active duty or discharged under any circumstances other than dishonorable - their spouse, or dependent children.
How is it possible that you provide the same services as others for a fraction of the price?
We think the more appropriate question should be “Why don’t others do this for our veterans?”
Can I prearrange and prepay my funeral or cremation?
Yes, you can make all the arrangements taking the stress and burden of making these decisions off your loved ones and prepay with a single payment or by using a payment plan. This also “locks” in the cost for funeral services.
What happens to my prepayment if I move or change my mind or die out of state?
Your funds are held by a third party (an Insurance Company) you or your beneficiary are always in control should circumstances change, you or your beneficiary just redirect the funds.
What do we do when someone dies?
First thing to do is call us at 800.919.8717 so we can assist you. We will have a member of our staff transport the deceased to our facility where depending on what arrangements have been made, we will take care of everything for you – if no arrangements have been made, a member of our trained professional staff will assist your family every step of the way.
Do I have to buy a casket for cremation?
No, if a direct cremation is chosen, a cremation container is included in the cost. For a visitation with cremation, a rental casket is already included in the cost as well.
What is the difference between a columbarium and a mausoleum?
A mausoleum is a free standing building intended to be both a burial location for caskets as well as a monument of sorts. A columbarium has the same purpose but instead of the crypt space being large enough for a full size casket, it features smaller niche spaces large enough for one or two urns.
- Prices are for services within Cook, Will, DuPage & Kane counties. Lake & McHenry counties add an additional $250. If outside these counties additional transportation charges may apply
- Additional cremation fees may be accessed if deceased is over 500lbs
- Embalming is required for an open casket viewing
- Viewing and services will be held at the House of Worship arranged by the family within the above geographical boundaries
- When reference to military cemetery is used it is referring to Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, Illinois
- Our pricing does not include any fees at the church such as mass offerings, stipends for clergy, musicians or cemetery charges.